Updates

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jan 13 14:47:19 UTC 2008

Karl Larsen wrote:

> [root at localhost ~]# rpm -qi vlc-core.i386 0:0.8.6d-3.lvn8
> package vlc-core.i386 is not installed
> package 0:0.8.6d-3.lvn8 is not installed
>

>    I can't figure it out. Why is yum needing to update a missing rpm?
> By the way I also tried yum clean all.

You need to do a lot more reading before you do anything.....

You need to learn about the naming of packages as opposed to the rpm
file name....

A quick way to know what packages you have installed would be to do...

rpm -qa | grep vlc

This will list out any packages with the name *vlc* (you do know what an
* is...).

There never is a package name of "vlc-core.i386" or "0:0.8.6d-3.lvn8".
Package names cannot have spaces in them.

--
QOTD: "You want me to put *holes* in my ears and hang things from them?
How... tribal."