Updates

Don Russell fedora at drussell.dnsalias.com
Mon Jan 14 05:56:16 UTC 2008

On Jan 11, 2008 5:53 PM, Jason <therealorry1 at bigpond.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to update my Fedora 8 box now for sometime but i keep
> getting this error:
>
> file /usr/share/java/avalon-logkit.jar from install of
> excalibur-avalon-logkit-2.2.1-0.r508111.3jpp conflicts with file from
> package avalon-logkit-1.2-4jpp.5.fc7
>
> Can you please point me in the right direction so I can rectify this
> problem?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
> Thanks in advance

I just completed the update/upgrade from 7 to 8 via the Dec 2007 re-spin and
then had a similar problem with yum update...

I found this very useful... it solved the problems for me, then yum update
downloaded almost 200 updates.

Ref:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq#head-56b13936246769f517ac488a0098d193c7fc3600