rdesktop woes

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Tue Jan 15 19:59:29 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: rdesktop woes
From: "Kevin J. Cummings" <cummings at kjchome.homeip.net>
To: For users of Fedora <fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date: 01/15/2008 12:26 PM

> Paul Lemmons wrote:

<Snip strace>

I have run an strace on my working version and compared it to yours.
Amazingly enough they compare fairly well. I do see different IO calls
being made though. Can you issue the following two commands:

uname -a
rpm -qa | grep rdesktop

Here is what I am running:

$ uname -a
Linux xxxxxx.tmcaz.com 2.6.23.9-85.fc8 #1 SMP Fri Dec 7 15:49:59 EST
2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
$ rpm -qa | grep rdesktop
rdesktop-1.5.0-4.fc8

I am assuming that you are also using XP Professional, because you can
RDP from Windows to Windows. When you use Windows are you using the
"Remote Desktop Connection" client?