Updates SOLVED with new F8

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jan 15 23:36:26 UTC 2008

Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 15/01/2008, Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>
>>     Well I did do all the manual clearing of /var/cache/yum/freshrpms/
>> and it still fails. So does it fail when I force it to use livna.
>>

> So, do you say that even with a removed freshrpms yum cache, it
> doesn't download the 7.7 MB vlc package? Does the yum output still say
> that it only downloads approx. 2 MB instead of the full file? That's
> very weird.
>
> Try something else. Let's cheat a bit:
>
> cd /var/cache/yum/freshrpms
> su
> rm -f vlc*.rpm
> wget -c http://ayo.ie.freshrpms.net/fedora/linux/8/i386/freshrpms/RPMS/vlc-0.8.6d-1.fc8.i386.rpm
> yum -y --enablerepo=freshrpms install vlc

    To all of you who really tried to help me fix my broken yum I say
thanks but it was in my opinion not going to work. And when I mounted
the dvd with f8 and used that to re-install the yum rpm's I killed, I
thought that would work if nothing else will. It changed nothing. So I
type this on the NEW F8 which should work fine like they do and when I
get pulseaudio killed with care, I should like it

    Again thank you!