X.org Keeps Dying Out Of The Blue

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 03:32:03 UTC 2008

Jim Cornette wrote:
> Probably testing with the vesa driver for awhile to see if the failure
> occurs or with the ati binary drivers from one of the various repos
> that package them in rpm form are good testing options.
>
> I did find a direct hit for the keyboard error on a gentoo list but
> was unable to translate it since Polish was not one of the choices.
> The server did appear to finish up with that message though.
>
> Jim
>
> http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-639746.html?sid=736a8d4abc3a0dddd571722c07d88d9d

It still might be the mouse, then.  I use a Logitech Cordless MX Duo,
through the USB port, and both devices pass info that way.  My keyboard
works 100%, but my mouse has been acting oddly lately, and I do know
that the black screen usually occurs when I'm clicking on something.
The problem I was having with the mouse was related to clicking;
sometimes, the system acts like I was hammering on the button over and
over again, registering multiple clicks when I only performed one...