3 root mail warnings ??

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sun Jan 27 01:49:57 UTC 2008

William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> I am persistently getting three root mail warnings that I have tried to
> fix but to no avail.  Any fixes, suggestions or explanations would be
> gratefully received.

FWIW, I doubt these are much to be concerned with....  However, one note.

> 1)
>  **Unmatched Entries**
>  lookup_read_master: lookup(nisplus): couldn't locate nis+ table
> auto.master: 4 +Time(s)
>
> 2)
>  WARNING:  Kernel Errors Present
>     Buffer I/O error on device fd0, l ...:  15 Time(s)
>     end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector ...:  293 Time(s)
>     lost page write due to I/O error on fd0 ...:  15 Time(s)

Do you run any of the VMware products?  I seem to remember getting these
when my virtual machines had a floppy defined in their settings and it would
be probed on boot of the VM.

--
Look at it this way: Your wife's spending $280 a month on meditation lessons to
forget $26,000 of college education. And you're still drinking ordinary scotch?