F8 and NX server

Maccy maccy at maccomms.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 12:20:05 UTC 2008

On Mon, 28 Jan 2008, Joachim Backes wrote:
> It seems the nxserver software does not run correctly under F8: having
> installed nxserver-3.0.0-74, nxnode-3.0.0-88 and nxclient-3.0.0-84 on a F8
> i386 server machine, and trying to connect via nxclient-3.1.0-2 from another
> F8 machine to this server, but the connection fails:

<snip>

I'd start by checking your firewall and tcp wrapper settings on the new
server....and is there any reason why you can't download and install the
latest packages from the Nomachine website?

Assuming you want to use the commercial version of NX server, has your
licence file been installed in the correct location? I think NX will serve
2 users on a first come first served basis without a licence?

Do your log files hold any more useful info?

Mark