About ssh login

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Wed Jan 30 17:58:50 UTC 2008

Ritesh Yeole wrote, On 01/30/2008 12:26 AM:
> Dear Sir,

What the others say about root logins still stands, including that it may or
may not be disabled in /etc/ssh/sshd_config.

>                 I want to ssh to my client ,there is sonic-firewall .
>
> In firewall  static ip nat with server ip
> Now i want to ssh it then it ask for password but when passwd put is says=
> [root at ndtest ~]# ssh ultra
> root at ultra's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> root at ultra's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> root at ultra's password:
> Permission denied (publickey).
> =================[root at ndtest ~]# ssh raisoni
> root at raisoni's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> root at raisoni's password:
> Permission denied, please try again.
> root at raisoni's password:
> Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-with-mic,password).
> [root at ndtest ~]#
>

> Plz tell me what is difference between them and how it is solved.

AFAIK, regarding your actual question:
ultra allows only publickey auth.
raisoni allows publickey, gssapi-with-mic and password.

And assuming you know and used the right password on raisoni for root, then it
does not allow root logins through ssh.

--
Todd Denniston