Java problem

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 1 01:15:53 UTC 2008

--- Craig White <craigwhite at azapple.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-12-31 at 16:32 -0600, Les Mikesell
> wrote:
> > > You could say the same of the US consitution.
> > > After all why should the president not be able
> to cancel elections,
> > they
> > > interfere with his freedom to innovate foreign
> policy.
> >
> > Be careful what you suggest...  The constitution
> hasn't stopped the
> > administration from creating a special class of
> people who are
> > permitted
> > to invade privacy with no balancing oversight.
> I'd expect them to be
> > using any information they collect to suit their
> own agenda.
> ----
> It isn't up to the constitution to stop the
> administration from doing
> anything. The constitution stipulates 3 purportedly
> co-equal branches of
> our government (the executive, legislative and
> judicial) to provide the
> checks and balances. Therefore, it's mostly the
> responsibility of the
> legislative branch to assert themselves and thus
> far, they have
> abdicated, undoubtedly for reasons far too complex
> to reasonably dissect
> here.
>
> The entire analogy has lost it's way.
>
> Craig
>
> --

Craig,

Les has a very strong point here, whether it is liked
or not.  The Patriot Act violates many of the civil
rights that the U.S. Constitution grants.  The
Constitution is a revolving document that can change
at some point and like you said the branches of govt.
should regulate each other.  In his statement, he
pointed out a true statement because of this act,
which many would agree is "Unconstitutional" our
rights have been fscked up at any given time, whenever
someone believes/accuses/hearsay that we are a threat
to the national security.  This reminds me of
"football commercials".

Coach Dennis Green
"They were who we thought they were",

Press:
"If you knew who they were, why didn't you stop them?"

Coach Green
"We let them off the hook"

and I'll conclude with Parcell's Quote:

"This conversation is going nowhere"