NetworkManager vs WEP - again

DJ Delorie dj at delorie.com
Tue Jan 1 01:57:03 UTC 2008

I just upgraded from FC6 to F8 and decided to give NM another chance.
It still doesn't work with my WEP router.

Info...

F8 on Dell 6400 Inspiron
IPW3945 card
Belkin B/G/N AP - unencrypted
Linksys B AP - encrypted

What works...

NM can see my wired network.  NM can see my unencrypted AP.  NM
automatically switches between the two when I plug/unplug the ethernet
cable.

My XP laptop can see and connect to both wireless APs.

"iwlist scan" sees both APs.

system-config-network can connect to both APs.

What doesn't work...

NM cannot connect to the WEP-encrypted AP, with either 64 or 128 bit
encryption.

I keep getting "association took too long, asking for new key"
timeouts.