Anoter update feasko

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jan 1 12:25:23 UTC 2008

Antonio Olivares wrote:
>>> I tried to get this up and got this:
>>>
>>> [root at k5di ~]# yum update
>>>
> **** removed for space and not needed ****
>
>>> --> Processing Dependency:
>>> /usr/bin/rebuild-security-providers for
>>> package: java-1.5.0-gcj
>>> --> Processing Dependency:
>>> /usr/bin/rebuild-security-providers for
>>> package: java-1.5.0-gcj
>>> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
>>> Error: Missing Dependency:
>>> /usr/bin/rebuild-security-providers is needed
>>> by package java-1.5.0-gcj
>>> [root at k5di ~]#
>>>
>>> The update for f8 is broken!
>>>
>>> Karl
>>>
>>> --
>>>

> http://www.fedoraforum.org/forum/showpost.php?p=845453&postcount=1
>
> for the "fc7" do a
> # yum list installed | grep fc7
>
> and hopefully someone comes through and confirms
> whether yum utils is the package that you need to
> remove the fc7 files
>
> http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumUtils
>
> Regards,
>
> Antonio

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

    OK! The update message was from the Jpackage repo. I disabled that
repo and now no updates available. Thank you. I put that Jpackage.repo
in yesterday. There is a lesson here :-)

    The f7 problem may well be because this /homekarl directory is from
f7. I get a laundry list of F7 things which might be carried over when I
mount it. I now wonder if this is a good idea?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User