Re: SELinux preventing installation of NetBeans 6.0

Edward Diener wrote:
Running the Netbeans 6.0 installation by executing the downloaded shell file I get an SELinux AVC error of:

SELinux is preventing /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.7.0-icedtea-1.7.0.0/jre/bin/java from loading /tmp/nbi-55935.tmp which requires text relocation.

There nust be a way around this. Should I install Sun's Java instead or is there a way to fix this problem more easily ?

I solved the problem by changing the SELinux restrictions to permissive.