small machine needs a small linux.

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Wed Jan 2 05:55:47 UTC 2008

On 2008/01/01 13:55 (GMT-0500) Ric Moore apparently typed:

> I have tried Fedora 7 on an eMachine with
> 512 of ram (that I tossed into it) and it really lags slower than my old
> old 486DX2-66 when I ran Caldera on it back when... with 32 megs of
> memory.

Sounds like a description of trying to run a system with DMA disabled on the
HD(s). Did you put PC100 in a system that's supposed to have PC133? How fast
exactly is that CPU supposed to be? Is that what it's actually running?
--
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was
with God, and the Word was God." John 1:1 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409