Where to type the SSID. newbie

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 2 14:29:17 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 15:13 +0100, Manuel Arostegui Ramirez wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 January 2008 16:05:18 Jan Brosius wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a laptop and want to connect wirelessly to the internet. With
> > System>Administration>Network I have created a wireless network. But
> > where can I type my SSID?
> >
> > Thanks for any help
> > Jan Brosius
>
> Why don't you use iwconfig to set your wireless up? It rather use CLI than the
> NM (network manager)
OP indicates he is using network rather than NM. I would stop network
and start NM:
service network stop
service NetworkManager start
service NetworkManagerDispatcher start

Then left click on nm-applet in upper right kernel in screen. You should
see your SSID displayed and then you can just click on it to choose it.
It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net