Custom F8 kernal and ath5k

Has anyone had any success compiling their own kernal and enabling the ath5k driver per http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers/ath5k#Getdriver with an Atheros Communications, Inc. AR5418 802.11a/b/g/n Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01)? I have had no luck with the madwifi drivers and and trying to find some other way to get my wireless to work.

Thanks,
gs