java again really

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Jan 2 23:46:06 UTC 2008

    I am going nuts with F8. I want to get jedit to work and the java is
bad. I installed the latest version 6 but removed it to learn I am
trying to use this java:

 java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0-17.fc8

I didn't load this special. It comes with F8. It has 30 dependencies
:-)  I find when I try to delete it. By the way I HAVE deleted the
icedtea rpm's that F8 loads. It appears that F8 has some java built in
but it is too old to support jedit, or not big enough, or both.

     A friend who has jedit working has these java files:

glib-java-0.2.6-3.fc6
libvte-java-0.12.1-6.el5
libglade-java-2.12.5-3.fc6
cairo-java-1.0.5-3.fc6
libgtk-java-2.8.7-3.el5
revamp_java-0.0-3.rhis
libgconf-java-2.12.4-6.el5
java-1.5.0-sun-plugin-1.5.0.13-1jpp.1.el5
libgnome-java-2.12.4-3.fc6
java-1.4.2-gcj-compat-1.4.2.0-40jpp.112
java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.13-1jpp.1.el5

Does anyone know how I can get this list on my F8?

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User