how to jigdo download a fedora 8 re-spin in one easy step?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jan 3 01:49:05 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 02 January 2008, Dean S. Messing wrote:
>David Boles wrote:
>> Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>> This whole thread started with some people being confused about using
>> jigdo, the setup, and having difficulty getting it to work. And
>> misconceptions of what you had produced.
>>
>> I remember your announcement(s). And you, all of you, should be
>> commended for doing a wonderful job.
>
>I, too, would like to thank you (Jeroen, and all), for providing the
>respins via jigdo.  I've now downloaded 9 DVDs worth of data and I've
>done it _much_ faster than I can ever remember doing it via .torrent.
>
>In spite of the complaints by some about how hard jigdo was to figure
>out, I wasn't at all bothered by the 20-30 minutes of futzing around
>to get things downloading.  Output and status messages are a little
>quirky but I'm happy to trade the dog-slow .torrent non-sense (with
>its very fine GUI interface) for this.  The only improvement I'd
>really appreciate is an "overall % complete" meter.  But that's an
>upstream issue.
>
>Thanks again for your good work!
>
>Dean

I'll have to second that motion myself, jigdo pulled the 64 bit F8 in just a
few hours, where bittorrent might still be working on it.  And its updating
the install plus putting in kde right now on my lappy.  Looks good so far,
feels good so far (even if it is gnome with all its nagging housewife crap,
it won't even let you sudo cuz gene is not in the list of sudoers, gotta fix
that bs!)

So how do you edit that list if it takes root to do it?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)