Re: fedora 8 unknown process "exe"

Brian Pepple wrote:
On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 12:33 -0800, Joshua Andrews wrote:
Just curious about a process that shows up in top as exe--it uses a fair amount of processor time and killing it does not seem to effect anything. I am wondering what it is-and where it is.

`ps auxwwf` does not list anything named exe.

It's Pulse Audio.

/B
Weird!

I guess I don't have a clue about pulse audio, I am running KDE desktop and xmms did not seem phased at all by killing the process.

I wonder what starts the process since it seems to be just using energy for nothing.

Thanks

- Joshua