Re: hp officejet 6310

On Jan 3, 2008 4:19 PM, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 gmail com> wrote:
> Just got my hp officejet 6310.  Doesn't show up as a choice on F8 (with all
> current updates).  I picked officejet 6300, seems to work.  Is there an
> update or does it really matter?

It doesn't matter. If you take a look at your user guide you should
notice that it says "HP Officejet 6300 All-in-One Series".

The positive: You're benefiting from HP's donation of the hpijs driver
to open source.

The negative: The PPD is wrong. The bottom hardware margin is too big,
36 pt. instead of 9 pt. Probably copied from the OJ 5300 series. I
emailed the Openprinting Group over a year ago but never got a reply.
Create your own PPD if you want to print from hardware margin to
margin.