Adobe Reader AdobeReader_enu-7.0.9-1 Problem in Fedora 8

Leslie Satenstein lsatenstein at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 02:53:16 UTC 2008

I have the subject software installed (64bit Fedora),  What I noticed, with compiz active (and not tested without it active),  is that ADOBE reader works fine until one does a quit.

Adobe appears to quit, but a process is left in memory, to churn away. It is quiet for a while, then begins to consume considerable CPU cycles, and then returns to quiet.

If a second file is loaded in the Reader, it works fine, and may even quit normally after the second file (only one file at a time).

If one has a file already loaded, and we read another pdf file (2 in memory) Adobe exhibits the same problem upon quiting.

A kill frees up about 10% cpu, as reported by top.

My system   Intel 930 (dual core) , 3 gigs memory, and Fedora 8, 64bit.

Can someone collaborate my findings?

 Leslie