maybe yum-updatesd? (was Re: yum updates corrupting rpmdb)

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Fri Jan 4 05:15:33 UTC 2008

Joe Smith wrote:
> I realize this is purely circumstantial, and I have no explanation why
> no one else is reporting trouble, if there's a problem with yum-updatesd.
>
> Since it still wouldn't prove anything to re-enable yum-updatesd and see
> the problem return (or not), and I don't care to fiddle with rebuilddb
> without a chance to get some solid evidence in return, I'm just going to
> leave yum-updatesd off, for now.

And just now I had the database go belly up even with yum-updatesd
completely disabled, so it looks like that's off the hook.

I wonder how the same hardware was stable all through f7, and f8 up
until about a month ago. Maybe a kernel glitch with my hardware? The
system is stable otherwise, but maybe the database exercises something
unusual.

Still scratching my head...

<Joe