Java problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Fri Jan 4 14:33:36 UTC 2008

Ed Greshko wrote:
> [...]
    I screwed up here. Version 1.5 is not very old. But for some reason
the java 1.5 on F8 doesn't support installing jedit.

    The jre-1.5.0-gcj is what we have built in on F8. It is small in
byte size compared to the downloaded jre-6u3-linux-i586.rpm.

    The later rpm seems to put up a local file system in the  /usr/java/
directory that is used if you call java from the /bin directory there.
It is just much more capable of supporting java software.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User