Re: Custom F8 kernal and ath5k

David G. Mackay wrote:
On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 11:09 -0500, Greg Sieranski wrote:
Thanks, I am very interested to see what you find out. Please keep me posted.

Well, the bad news is that NetworkManager needs to stay disabled.  The
good news is that handling things manually worked well.  As root I did a
wpa_supplicant -Dmadwifi -iath0 \
-c /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf &
dhclient ath0

This negotiated the attachment to the router and got me a dhcp lease.
The entry in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf looked like:

ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel

network={
	ssid="routerssid"
	key_mgmt=WPA-PSK
	psk="My preshared key"
	}

And, of course, you can have multiple network entries in the file.

Dave

Im excited that it worked. I am having some issues with my wireless again. After about 10mins of running it causes a kernal crash. So there is progress in that it is able to connect via WEP, now I just need it to stay connected.

gs