Re: My /var/log/ directory contents dissapeared!

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 05:13:30PM +0100, thomas Armstrong wrote:
> Using Fedora Core 2
> This server is exposed to Internet
> I've just noticed that my /var/log/ directory contents dissapeared

Given that you're running a very old, and therefore relatively insecure
version of FC, my guess would be that someone hacked into your system then
did rm /var/log/* to cover their traces. This is just speculation of
course.

--
Monto Blanco... scorchio!