Re: close to a wireless connection newbie

David G. Mackay wrote:
On Thu, 2008-01-03 at 22:55 +0100, Jan Brosius wrote:
Is there any way to give username and password to device wlan,

No, but you shouldn't need to do that.  Are you connecting to a wireless
router which is connected to the dsl line?  If so, you generally enter
the username and password information into the router.  Most of the dsl
modems and/or routers have an http interface that you can use to
configure them.  If you give us a router type, we might be able to help
more.

Dave

Many thanks for your help. I went to the website of my router seller and ISP and thanks to your explanation I began to understand a bit more.
Now I have a working wireless connection with Fedora 8.

Also many thanks to all people who were patient enough to give help

Jan