MP3 Players

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jan 4 18:06:33 UTC 2008

Mr.Scrooge wrote:
> I don't know why i didn't start here to begin with! Anyway I am looking for an MP3 Player that
> just works with Fedora 8. Any recommendations besides the older IPODS?The newer IPODS are a pain
> in the ass, this I know by experience, besides which i object to apple on principle! They do not
> make an ITunes for Linux?Why? Anyhow i would appreciate any suggestions, even if all you can say
> is ipod but i think i will just do without rather than give my money to Apple!Thanks!!
>
> Happy Hacking,
>
> Max

> http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

I have an iRiver and my daughter has a no-name mp3 player.  We won an
ipod and it has been used once.  Never get an ipod again.

I recommend anything that doesn't require software to manage songs.  Our
mp3 players just look like USB drives so we can create directories of
song groups that work.

Also look at the ones that can use external storage as an option.  Then
you can have different play lists for trips or something else.

My next player will have to support flac.

--
Robin Laing