Re: MP3 Players

On 04/01/2008, Robin Laing <Robin Laing drdc-rddc gc ca> wrote:
> Mr.Scrooge wrote:
> > I don't know why i didn't start here to begin with! Anyway I am looking for an MP3 Player that
> > just works with Fedora 8. Any recommendations besides the older IPODS?

> I have an iRiver and my daughter has a no-name mp3 player.  We won an
> ipod and it has been used once.  Never get an ipod again.
>
> I recommend anything that doesn't require software to manage songs.  Our
> mp3 players just look like USB drives so we can create directories of
> song groups that work.

Caveat: worth finding one that supports multiple playlists loaded from
the computer, as many UMS (USB Mass Storage) based players,
while easy to use with Linux, will simply play files/directories in the
order they're created.  If anyone knows one that can do that I'd be
happy to hear about it.

--
imalone