MP3 Players

Mr.Scrooge maximilian_bianco at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 4 21:26:53 UTC 2008

--- wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> Hello Mr.Scrooge,
>

> On Fri, 4 Jan 2008 09:52:07 -0800 (PST) "Mr.Scrooge" <maximilian_bianco at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > > Sansa Clip 2GB works well.
> > >

> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > --
> > > wwp
> >
> >  I had a Sansa C250 and it worked but not well. Maybe it is just that model or maybe it was
> the
> > unit that was defective but it went back anyway.
>
> Depends, what were your problems with the C250 and your GNU/Linux?
>
> I must admit that I expect only few things from plugging my MP3 player
> in to my computer:
> - file-level view in order to copy music files (directly from fs:
> UMS/MSC mode, or from a music application: MTP mode) and firmware
> updates
> - recharging from the USB power.
>
> Of course, getting more info about the device state (like battery
> level) could be a plus, but no readl need.

The basics you mentioned would be fine with me. I don't need anything fancy. I don't care much for
window dressing. Just a reliable unit. As for the Sansa, i could load music but then could not
play it. The database wasn't updating properly until i plugged it into a windows box then it
updated its database and worked for a while afterward with linux and database updating, until
again i had to plug it into windows to get it to update the database. After the first time i had
to plug it into winblows i decided to take it back but in the spirit of discovery i decided to see
if it would continue to work and it didn't. I have a windows box but i don't use it except to
catch viruses and spyware for my mad scientist experiments. I unfortunately have to keep up with
winblows greatest failures for work but alas perhaps someday the windows virus will dissappear.
Until then...i will keep slogging through the Microshit but it ain't so bad with Penguin skin
boots!

-Max