Jedit

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Sat Jan 5 00:26:34 UTC 2008

Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Friday 04 January 2008, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>
>> Lamar Owen wrote:
>>
>>> Incidentally, thanks for the pointer to jedit; looks like something I
>>> might use.
>>>
>> Why, as a matter of interest?
>> Is it just an editor, like vi?
>>

> It's cross-platform; I can use the same editor on windows and Linux, which is
> a good thing.  Mostly a very good thing for Windows, as I don't have a really
> good currently maintained editor there.  I used to run PFE back on the day,
> but lost track of where its latest versions are.

If cross platform is a consideration and you know how to use vi, Vim,
(which is what Fedora and some other distros use instead of vi) is
available for Windoze.

Take a look at http://www.vim.org/  if you have an interest.  I've used
it on Linux/Unix/Windoze for years, now.

Really convenient to have the same tool everywhere.

~~R