Re: Bugs in desktop effects

On Fri, 2008-01-04 at 15:57 -0500, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> It's a bit of a trick to figure out if you just run the
> configurator from the System -> Preferences menu.

One can always go through the motions of editing the menus, but not make
any changes, to find out what they actually make use of.

Or copying a menu item to the desktop (you can drag an item from a menu
and drop it on the desktop - it'll copy it, not move it), and reading
the file left there (right-click and go through its "properties" or open
the file in an editor, or read it in a terminal).

Or, if you know where the files that comprise the menus are, you can
read them.  Though the menus can be made up from files dredged in from
numerous locations.

I find the second method one of the easiest.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.