Upgrading to F8 on Dell Dimension 5100

I have a Dell Dimension 5100 which was running F7 very happily for
some time. I wanted to upgrade it to F8.

I downloaded the DVD ISO and burnt it to a blank disk.

When the system boots from the DVD, I see the boot menu. I select
either the Install/Upgrade or Install/Upgrade (text) option. I then
get the "Loading vmlinuz..." and "Loading initrd.img..." messages
followed by a "Ready." prompt.

At that point the system hangs. The installation doesn't proceed.

Has anyone else seen anything like whilst installing or upgrading F8?
Any advice on how I can debug this problem?

Cheers,

Dave...