Re: Trouble installing Linksys WMP54G wireless PCI adapter Fedora 8

I did get it to work in the end. The trick is firmware.  I downloaded the install (The one that had 2561 in it) from http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html [1]  but I didn't install it.  I did however copy the three firmware files rt2561.bin  rt2561s.bin  rt2661.bin into the /lib/firmare directory. I also turn on NetworkManager with chkconfig and service.
After that it just worked.

Ralink makes the chipset in my wireless card.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.ralinktech.com/ralink/Home/Support/Linux.html

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=231885&topic_id=49874&forum=26#forumpost231885
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster fcp surfsite org and/or blame fjalics gmail com