Re: more Fedora Cookbook: VNC

Nikhil wrote:
On Fedora/RHEL clones I like to configure vnc thus:
[summer potoroo ~]$ tail /etc/sysconfig/vncservers
# Use "-nohttpd" to prevent web-based VNC clients connecting.

# Use "-localhost" to prevent remote VNC clients connecting except when
# doing so through a secure tunnel.  See the "-via" option in the
# `man vncviewer' manual page.

VNCSERVERS="66:root 3:summer"
VNCSERVERARGS[3]="-geometry 1280x1024"
VNCSERVERARGS[66]="-geometry 1280x1024"
<<

Does the above VNCSERVERS declaration mean to limit the number of vncservers
to be 66... can it be increased if yes, how much beyond?

Those are just the port numbers I use (as expressed by X & VNC), Red Hat chose this method around RHL 7.x.

The expression VNCSERVERARGS[66] is how bash addresses arrays.

I think the limit's 99, maybe 100. ":66" translates to TCP port 5966, but one can also access vnc by HTTP to TCP ports 100 less, so 5866 in this case.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait