Migration from RHEL WS 5 to Fedora

Recently we had a thread about experiences with migration from Fedora to
RHEL WS or CentOS / Scientific Linux.

I would like to move the other way. Since an upgrade from RHEL WS 4 to 5
the machines continously freeze two times a day or more, even when idle,
applications are crashing (esp. Evolution). It's no joy. I couldn't find
anything specific which could cause the crashes.

Question: Has someone done it and might share his / her experience?

Peter