some simple questions on VNC

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Jan 5 22:13:10 UTC 2008

On 06Jan2008 05:59, John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>>>
>>> The 58xx ports fire up a java version of the VNC viewer so you can
>>> use VNC inside a web browser.
>>
>> um ... so the 58xx ports are listening specifically only for
>> java-based VNC viewers that are being invoked from within a browser?
> No, it's a java-implemented http proxy.
> It's in the docs.

No. The java runs in the client browser. The http service in the vnc
server supplies the Java applet, which is a Java implemented vnc viewer.

>> what you wrote above is a bit confusing since it sounds like you're
>> saying that the java VNC viewer is running on the *server* side.
> It is.

No. The viewer runs in the browser - thus in the client.
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

We should grant power over our affairs only to those who are reluctant to
hold it and then only under conditions that increase the reluctance.