Re: Migration from RHEL WS 5 to Fedora

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 22:45 +0100, Peter Boy wrote:
> Recently we had a thread about experiences with migration from Fedora to
> RHEL WS or CentOS / Scientific Linux.
>
> I would like to move the other way. Since an upgrade from RHEL WS 4 to 5
> the machines continously freeze two times a day or more, even when idle,
> applications are crashing (esp. Evolution). It's no joy. I couldn't find
> anything specific which could cause the crashes.
>
> Question: Has someone done it and might share his / her experience?
----
not responsive to the question but rather thinking about evolution
crashing...there has been issues with Exchange connector. If you are
using IMAP Server or Exchange Server, you might do well to quit
evolution, move the directory (mv ~/.evolution ~/.evolution-bak) and set
it up all over again to see if that solves crashing issues.

Craig