Re: Google Earth

On 05Jan2008 15:10, Karl Larsen <k5di zianet com> wrote:
>    I saw where one had trouble with this application so decided to get it
> and run it on my F8. I installed it in my user's space and when I clicked
> on the earth on my Desktop the screen will go blank and then come back up
> in init 3. I would have re-login. This is not nice.
>
>    I reloaded it as root and it does the exact same thing :-)
>
> Guess I better tell Google.

It may just blow the mind of your machine. It needs a fair bit of memory
and decent 3d support (OpenGL). It sounds like its crashing your X
server, which is arguably a bug in the X server, not google earth.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Usenet is essentially a HUGE group of people passing notes in class. --R. Kadel