FC8 (32-bit) screen dimming

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 5 23:38:25 UTC 2008

Phillip wrote:
> On upgrading from FC6 to FC8 on my laptop, the screen dims almost
> immediately at the beginning of the boot up sequence. The screen is
> bright for any length of time until the messages shows that the kernel
> is booting. Then the screen dims so that text and graphics are barely
> discernible. This is true in text as well as graphics modes (runlevels 3
> and 5).
>
> Does anyone know what setup file may be causing this?
Could be to do with the screen saver - it fades the X gui out before it
starts the screen saver ?

Could be that it's sensing low battery power and trying to save power ?

Could be that during boot up ntpd resets the time forward, and the
screen saver noitices there has been no activity for X minutes and
starts the fade out.

DaveT.