Re: more Fedora Cookbook: VNC

Tom Horsley wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 21:09:35 +0900
John Summerfield <debian herakles homelinux org> wrote:

3.
  gnome-session
play with that for a while, then logout

It probably depends on the distribution, but I notice
on a lot of versions of linux the "gnome-session"
program all by itself isn't sufficient to get a
complete session up and running.

Very likely, as I don't generally use gnome I've not looked into it very much. More of a curio, and maybe a means to surprise/confuse/challenge others.

Here's another gem, though nothing to do with vnc. I discovered this one accidentally.

ssh X anotheruser localhost startkde
For maximum effect, do it from a KDE session, or start GNOME from a GNOME session.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait