more Fedora Cookbook: VNC

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Sun Jan 6 01:33:07 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 21:09:35 +0900
> John Summerfield <debian at herakles.homelinux.org> wrote:
>
>> 3.
>>   gnome-session
>> play with that for a while, then logout
>
> It probably depends on the distribution, but I notice
> on a lot of versions of linux the "gnome-session"
> program all by itself isn't sufficient to get a
> complete session up and running.

Very likely, as I don't generally use gnome I've not looked into it very
much. More of a curio, and maybe a means to surprise/confuse/challenge
others.

Here's another gem, though nothing to do with vnc. I discovered this one
accidentally.

ssh X anotheruser at localhost startkde
For maximum effect, do it from a KDE session, or start GNOME from a
GNOME session.

--

Cheers
John