Re: Custom F8 kernal and ath5k

David G. Mackay wrote:
On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 08:57 +0900, John Summerfield wrote:
Secondly, the ath5k module was getting loaded, even with an "alias ath5k
off" in modprobe.conf, so I removed it from /lib/modules.  There's
probably a better way, but I was too lazy to look up the interaction
There's a blacklist for this.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.  It'll save me from having to fiddle with
it for each kernel upgrade.

It's worth keeping an eye on the new kernels, one might work.

The blacklist prevents the driver's use automatically, you can still load it explicitly. Some modules are blacklisted just so they can be loaded later.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait