some simple questions on VNC

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Sun Jan 6 03:25:01 UTC 2008

John Summerfield wrote:
> I believe one can use this to get anaconda to display on another system
> than the install box by setting DISPLAY in the boot menu.

Or you can start the installer with a parameter of boot: linux vnc. This
tells the system to start a listening vnc server, and not run the
graphical anaconda on the local machine. From a second machine with gui
you can then vnc to the machine that you are trying to set up and answer
/ see the anaconda GUI. {you need a network and dhcp server unless you
want to provide fixed ip address on the boot line}.

...another way to useful thing to do with vnc, more info at:
http://kbase.redhat.com/faq/FAQ_42_5396.shtm

DaveT.