Re: ldap on F8

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 03:30 +0000, Amadeus W.M. wrote:
> I want to install ldap on F8 for use with evolution. I did a quick google
> search and it led me to the fedora directory project:
>
> http://directory.fedoraproject.org
>
> The FAQ says explains how fedora-ds relates to openldap. However, which
> one do I install? Does it matter? Does evolution work with either one?
----
yes, both follow the standards for LDAP v2 & v3

You may have some challenges installing fedora-ds on Fedora 8...at least
from my monitoring of the fedora directory mail list. OpenLDAP is simply
installed, probably a little better known and in wider use.

That said, fedora-ds does have some GUI utils that just aren't available
for openldap.

Evolution is relatively indifferent to which LDAP server you use
(fedora-ds/openldap/microsoft/SunDS/eDirectory/etc.)

Craig