Re: ldap on F8

Amadeus W.M. wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2008 20:37:26 -0700, Craig White wrote:
I've installed openldap, and I'm reading the instructions from RH. It says I have to edit /etc/openldap/slapd.conf:

suffix     "dc=your-domain,dc=com"

Now I want this for my lan only. I don't have a fully qualified domain name. What do I use? Can I use localhost localdomain? I don't suppose I can use verizon.net, can I?

That suffix is always attached to the ldap base from the point of view of the client - ie the client needs to use the same as that is defined in the server. It does not have to be public, nor to be available by internal lookups.
It seems people tend to make up a name like:
dc=my_company,dc=com,dc=country

DaveT.