Re: VNC from Windows machine to Fedora box

Dotan Cohen wrote:
My mother uses Windows XP Professional Edition at home. I'd like to
connect to her computer with my Fedora box. Apparently, Windows has
some sort of built-in VNC server, but how can one connect to it from
Linux? This machine is Fedora Core 6, but I can upgrade it to Fedora 8
if need be. Thanks.

Don't know anything about a built in vncviewer on XP. I just load up RealVNC (including the server part) on XP and enable the server to start when the system starts. Granted, my XP is internal to my network so there is very little security concern.