Re: fedora 8 network start behavior

Jonathan Horne wrote:
however, ive noticied that the eth0 doesnt become active until i finally log in... not good! primary function of this box will be to host my vmware server, so i need to be able to WOL the box, and expect normal "server" behavior.

I think NetworkManager is the culprit here.

 # chkconfig NetworkManager off; service NetworkManager stop
 # chkconfig network on; service network start

--
Regards,
विवेक ज. पाटणकर (Vivek J. Patankar)

Registered Linux User #374218