Re: need help B43 in Fedora 8

justdavid escribió:
I am using an Acer Ferrari 3400 with a broadcom 4306 wireless chipset. I used fwcutter and it connects ok but it doesnt always stay connected it just keeps resetting the wireless connection. I have NetworkManager on and running I aliased the named in /etc/modprobe.conf. Have checked dmesg no errors, not sure what is going on and why it keeps resetting. Is anyone else having this problem? :-o

Try the 2.6.24-rc6 kernel from rawhide. It worked like a charm for me.

Aparently something got broken en 2.6.23 kernel because I was using the broadcom card in FC7 with 2.6.22 and I couldn't get it to work properly on Fedora 8 until a installed the rawhide kernel.

Good luck.