F8 reboots with CD/DVD disc in drive.

I have installed Fedora 8 on my PC, which works fine, however if a disc is present in my DVD-RW drive when booting, the system boots just before GDM loads.

If I boot with no disc in the drive all is ok, but if I then load a disc, the system freezes (in X) and reboots (in console runlevel 3).

I have also updated all packages and tried all installed kernels, with no luck.

$ dmesg | less

ata1: SATA link up 1.5 Gbps (SStatus 113 SControl 300)
ata1.00: ATAPI: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H66N, CB00, max UDMA/100
ata1.00: configured for UDMA/100
ata1: bounce limit 0xFFFFFFFF, segment boundary 0xFFFF, hw segs 127

scsi 0:0:0:0: CD-ROM            HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-H66N  CB00 PQ: 0 ANSI: 5

The drive is actually a SATA connection.

Any ideas where to start looking as I cannot find anyhting in my log files?

Thanks,

Stewart