Re: OT: Apple list?

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 06/01/2008, Craig White <craigwhite azapple com> wrote:
Apple, like Microsoft has a support web site and offers direct support
consistent with the fact that they are revenue based and that is the
part of why you use a proprietary OS, for their support.

Yeah, right. My father uses some version or another of Windows XP. He
had to pay $39 for a full year's support just to email a human that
would help him configure his HP printer. That is on top of the $$$ for
the OS. Windows (I don't know about Mac) comes with installation
support free, and no more. Much like a crack dealer.

I just looked, and it seems that the price has since gone up 50%:
http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&x=16&y=16&prid=3219&gprid=37013

With apple, you pretty much have to buy applecare to even get anyone to talk about defective hardware after the ridiculously short 90 day warranty or to get any support beyond the free web forum.

But, it isn't so much about the cost as whether the machine is working for you or you are working to make the machine do anything. Macs tend to "just work".

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com