Re: Attack!?!

David L. Gehrt wrote:
On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 21:53 -0800, David L. Gehrt wrote:
David L. Gehrt wrote:
<snip>

or perhaps some router or computer somewhere in a related path has a
needle caught in a groove and needs a gentle Fonzi type slap.

Since I was able to  connect to both of the systems on the suspect
network, both before and after I ill advisedly sent the email I think
that the net is proved OK, at least enough to  properly deliver mail.

So I think I will stick with my theory for now. ;-)

dlg

None here, I checked two systems on two IAPs.

You could ask your IAP to block them for you - prevents DoS on you, helps IAP too. Or a different IP address, but that maybe just leaves a problem for the unlucky next user of that address.

Any further email could go via hushmail or similar.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait