another pulseaudio horror story

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jan 7 19:44:10 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Huh? What was it trying to remove and why (i.e. what PA stuff did it
>>> depend on)? Normally the only KDE package you have to remove when removing
>>> PA is kde-settings-pulseaudio (duh...).
>>>
>>>        Kevin Kofler
>>>
>> I finally got working audio back, seems there is an alsa-pulse package,
>> that because the list is sorted alphabetical, wasn't noted at first.
>>
>> Ferinstance, dependency hell.. Just trying to remove akode-pulseaudio gets
>> all this:
>>
>> Humm, can't seem to make kmail insert a .png, and I'm not gonna hand copy
>> that list, its akode, kdeaddons-extras, and all 8 pieces of kde-muiltmedia
>> that
>> will go out with it.  That's BS.
>>

> akode-pulseaudio is harmless, chill. :)
>
> -- Rex

    I got curious and put "pulse-audio" in Google and got the 10,000
hits as usual but number 1 was for pulseaudio.org so I did that. It is a
busy web page. I saw a tab for detailed info on pulseaudio so I went
there. It was just another list of good things it does without any
backup from science or engineering.

    I looked at other tabs but they seem to be the same. If your
interested there are a lot of web pages to read :-)

    My current view is that this software needs to be removed from
Fedora Now! It has been a total failure. If not then someone explain
how, and why it is good. In detail.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI